Arizona Dance Coalition Statewide Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
AzDEO SPINE Strategies Online Workshop
August 31, 2016 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm MST$100 – $125
SPINE Strategies Online Workshop
You will experience these strategies yourself, implement them into a class situation and then discuss and get feedback on:
- Are you looking for effective ways to teach students’ movement quickly and prevent injuries?
- Do you want to get at the heart of a movement issue and empower your students to self-direct?
- Are you open to the idea that there are new models for the whole body to help students hone movement more quickly and with less frustration?
The SPINE strategies online workshop will address these questions and more. In four weeks you will learn three of the five SPINE strategies and work closely with the creator of this new progressive method for 21st century dancers
- Stretch roads: a strategy to stabilize and give students the ability to expand and co-ordinate bodily awareness
- Pressing Flair: a strategy to unlock the power of an individual’s bodily architecture
- Neutralizing Joint Points: a strategy to create rotation that is functional both in turning the body and rotating the legs
Four weeks, three strategies and one new model for the whole body created by a dancer for dancers!
Dates: Four Wednesdays. August 31, September 7, 14, 21. Time: 4:30- 6 pm.
Instructor: Cynthia Roses-Thema. Creator of SPINE Strategies and ASU Professor.
Fee: Members: $100. Non-Members: $125
Textbooks Required that will be used in the workshop: SPINE: 5 Movement Strategies for the 21st Century Dancer and SPINE Workbook. Cost: $66.95 for both, including S&H.
CEU and College Credit. Course can be taken for 10 CEU hours. College Credit is being investigated. CEUs through ASU is an extra charge of $30.
Adobe Connect: To access the course, you will need Adobe Connect (free to students).
To register, go to azdeo.org, under Online Professional Development.
Supported by the Arizona Commission on the Arts with funding from the State of Arizona and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Events may be viewed in these formats: list, week, day, map, photo and month.
Serving Arizona's dance communities and "creating connections" between the dancers and the general public.Read more
Send your news and event information before the 25th for the coming issue of the Arizona Dance e-Star, email@example.com.