Arizona Dance Coalition Statewide Calendar of Events
International DANCE DAY
April 29, 2021
An event every year that begins at 12:00 am on of April, repeating indefinitely
Since 1982*, the world has been celebrating ‘dance’ on April 29th. It is an occasion for dance communities to plan events and invite the public to join them — in classes, to watch performances, and to be a part of the performance!
“This day is a celebration day for those who can see the value and importance of the art form “dance”, and acts as a wake-up-call for governments, politicians and institutions which have not yet recognised its value to the people and to the individual and have not yet realised its potential for economic growth.” -International Dance Day Organization (UNESCO International Theatre Institute)
The goals* of International Dance Day are:
- to promote dance in all its forms across the world
- to make people aware of the value of dance in all its forms
- to enable the dance community to promote their work on a broad scale, so that governments and opinion leaders are aware of the value and importance of dance in all its forms and support it
- to enjoy dance in all its forms for its own sake
- to share the joy of dance with others
Dance Magazine suggests these five ways to celebrate:
- Hear from international choreographers about their process.
- Congratulate the Youth American Grand Prix winners.
- Dance to give back.
- Experience a new culture.
- Expand your horizons.
Click on the link above to read the entire article by Lauren Wingenroth, 29 April 2016.
Photo: Center Dance Ensemble, PhoenixShare:
Events may be viewed in these formats: list, week, day, map, photo and month.
Serving Arizona's dance communities and "creating connections" between the dancers and the general public.Read more
Send your news and event information before the 25th for the coming issue of the Arizona Dance e-Star, email@example.com.