The Arizona Dance Coalition (ADC), founded in 2006, is a statewide 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization designed to assist the cultural and educational needs of the dance community, schools and general public by providing educational information, resources and services that are related to the field of dance.
- Create connections that will benefit the dance communities and the general public through membership, production, sponsorship, publication, education and promotion
- Increase visibility, understanding and access to dance throughout Arizona
- Promote the benefits of dance to Arizonans and beyond
- Fundraise to provide opportunities and resources for sponsorship, scholarship and presentation
- Gain regional, national and international recognition
Services and activities
- Fundraise for scholarships and sponsoring of guest artists for master classes and dance festivals
- Organize and produce Regional and Statewide Dance Festivals containing master classes (professional development) and performances
- Organize Meetings, Public Forums, and Lecture Demonstrations (i.e., Legends of Modern Dance, The History of Dance, etc.)
- Provide and maintain an informational website with a calendar of events, articles and blogs on dance-related topics, resources with links, sources for classes, and archive publications
- Provide outreach and professional development (artistic & educational)
- Sponsor guest performers and teaching artists, performances and regional festivals
- Sponsorship through providing liability insurance to 501(c)(3) organizations (fees apply)
- Fiscal Sponsorship to those organizations applying for their nonprofit designation (fees apply)
- Producing a monthly e-publication – the Arizona Dance e-Star – listing events, news, auditions, master classes and workshops, summer intensives, tips, jobs, and articles for the statewide dance community as well as the general public
Membership is for dancers, dance organizations, choreographers, dance educators, venues/presenters of dance, sponsors, photographers, musicians/composers for dance, production and technical artists, and for those who are passionate and committed to the growth and development of the art of dance and its related fields. Click on the JOIN link for Membership Benefits. Annual dues are very reasonable.
Get our Monthly Publication – it’s FREE!
Every month the ADC sends its subscribers the Arizona Dance e-Star e-publication (MailChimp list service) featuring member events and announcements, regional news, auditions, jobs, tips, and business/dance-related articles. We invite individuals and organizations to submit articles and photos. Send to: Krystyna (at) AzDanceCoalition (dot) org. The deadline is the 25th for the following month (Jan 25th for the Feb issue). SUBSCRIBE now in the box in the right panel.
“I had no idea there was this much dance in Arizona,” is the typical first response from anyone viewing the e-Star for the first time.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact Lisa R Chow, ADC President: Lisa (at) AzDanceCoalition (dot) org
Read about our Board of Directors
JOIN & Let’s create connections!
Join us on our journey by becoming a member, volunteer, sponsor or a director.
A Little History…
On January 8, 2006, the Arizona Dance Arts Alliance (ADAA) Board of Directors reconfirmed by a unanimous vote to split into two separate organizations – the Arizona Dance Coalition (ADC) and the Arizona Dance Education Organization (AzDEO). The purpose for dividing into two entities was to give a better focus to the performing and the education dance communities.
ADC is a web-based membership organization whose website serves as a resource center for educational articles, monthly publications, calendar of events, classes, and auditions. It is also a directory of dance artists and venues in Arizona. Educational organizations, as well as youth centers, and public groups are invited to connect with our artists to present classes, lectures and performances to their participants. ADC also produces and sponsors dance festivals, guest artists for master classes, and regional meetings!
AzDEO retained its affiliation with the National Dance Education Organization and continues its mission of dance education centered in the arts. Professional development and student enrichment programs, such as Dance Rejuvenation, the Pink Tu Tu Flu, the Arizona High School Dance Festival and the sponsorship of the National Dance Art Honor Society, continue to be organized and sponsored by AzDEO. For more information about AzDEO go to www.azdeo.org.
These two organizations look forward to maintaining strong ties with each other and collaborating on projects that benefit all of Arizona.