JOIN the Arizona Dance Coalition
Create connections and assist in the development and strengthening of our dance communities statewide. ADC strives to serve the Arizona dance community by providing a valuable website of resources for dancers and the general public. ADC also provides educational and professional services and opportunities, i.e., liability insurance for your event venue requirements, fiscal sponsorship, nonprofit application process consultation, graphic design, sponsoring and producing master classes and festivals, discounts, collaborations and more.
Sign up today!
Become engaged and more visible in our statewide dance community!
$20 INDIVIDUALS (students, dancers, choreographers, photographers, dance fans, and similar
$50 ORGANIZATIONS (dance community organization including, but not limited to dance companies, dance studios, and dance departments of educational institutions – high schools, colleges, universities)
$100 VENUES/PRESENTERS (A presenting organization that selects and hires performing artists to provide services at any venue. The presenter may be affiliated with a venue that is available for performing artists to rent, present and produce their work.)
$150+ SPONSORS/PATRONS (individual, group or business with a strong interest in supporting ADC and the art of dance by contributing monetary donations. Please contact gro.noitilaoCecnaDzAnull@asiL for information about levels of support and donation amounts, allocation specifications, and benefits. Donations accepted via PayPal.
ADC membership is for
Dancers, dance organizations, choreographers, dance educators, photographers, physical therapy specialists, musicians/composers for dance, production and technical artists, venues/presenters of dance and those who are passionate and committed to the continual growth and development of dance arts and its related fields.
ADC Member Benefits include:
- Online and hardcopy Membership Directory to generate awareness of our dance colleagues and facilitate interaction and possible collaborations. In addition to the online directory, ADC produces an interactive document, updated and distributed multiple times throughout the year (interactive PDF). The most current version is posted at the top of the ADC online Member Page.
- Global access to your events and classes on the ADC website Calendar and Classes pages. ADC members post their EVENTS (member performances, master classes, intensives, auditions) on the online Calendar (tutorial provided). These events are then included in the monthly e-publication Arizona Dance e-Star* provided they are posted before the 25th of the month for the next month.
- Arizona Dance e-Star e-publication (20-50 pages) received monthly in your inbox (interactive PDF) in advance of the subscribers (approaching 2000 mostly statewide dance fans with global subscribers interested in AZ dance festivals).
- Venue Liability Insurance for your events if you don’t have your own. This is mandatory for some venues.
- Fiscal Sponsorship for those in the process of filing their IRS nonprofit application.
- Notes distributed to members from conferences and meetings on grant writing, social media training, and similar, attended by ADC officers, directors or members.
- Your classes posted on the ADC website Classes Page.
- Opportunity to be featured in the Arizona Dance e-Star Member Spotlight.
- Board Member Nominating Privileges
- Annual Membership Meeting Voting Privileges
- ADC Lifetime Achievement Award Nominating Privileges
- Access to Member-to-Member and ADC Merchant discounts for events, merchandise and services (teaching, performances, massages, therapy, acupuncture, photo sessions, printing, graphics design, and more). A document of merchants (interactive PDF) is posted on the ADC online Member Page.
- Opportunity to contribute to the organization in design, planning and implementation of our mission.
* All premium Calendar of Events listings in the e-Star (includes photo and live links) are restricted to 501(c)(3) organization events, and events posted by all other ADC members must be charitable events, free or low-fee events (donation requested), educational workshops and master classes.
All online submission are monitored and content may be edited or modified.
About the Arizona Dance Coalition
The Arizona Dance Coalition (ADC) is a statewide 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization designed to assist the cultural and educational needs of the dance community, schools and general public by providing educational information, resources and services that are related to the field of dance.
- Create connections that will benefit the dance communities and the general public through membership, production, sponsorship, publication, education and promotion
- Increase visibility, understanding and access to dance throughout Arizona
- Promote the benefits of dance to Arizonans and beyond
- Fundraise to provide opportunities and resources for sponsorship, scholarship and presentation
- Gain regional, national and international recognition
Services and activities
- Fundraising for Scholarships & Dance Festivals
- Organizing and producing Regional and Statewide DANCE FESTIVALS containing master classes (professional development) & performances
- Organizing Meetings, Public Forums, and Lecture Demonstrations (i.e., Legends of Modern Dance, The History of Dance, etc.)
- Provide and maintain an informational website with a calendar of events, articles and blogs on dance-related topics, resources with links, sources for classes, and archive publications
- Outreach and professional development (artistic & educational)
- Sponsorship of performances and regional festivals
- Performance and work opportunities
- Sponsorship with liability insurance to 501(c)(3) organizations*
- Producing a monthly e-publication – the Arizona Dance e-Star – listing events, news, auditions, master classes and workshops, summer intensives, tips, jobs, and articles for the statewide dance community as well as the general public
*Contact us for application, criteria and eligibility information: gro.noitilaoCecnaDzAnull@asiL
Join us on our journey by becoming a member, volunteer, sponsor or a director.
Read about our Board of Directors
Let’s create connections!
A Little History…
On January 8, 2006, the Arizona Dance Arts Alliance (ADAA) Board of Directors reconfirmed by a unanimous vote to split into two separate organizations – the Arizona Dance Coalition (ADC) and the Arizona Dance Education Organization (AzDEO). The purpose for dividing into two entities was to give a better focus to the performing dance community and the dance education community.
ADC is a new web based membership organization that serves as a resource center and directory for dance in Arizona, providing ways for dancers and the general public throughout the state to stay connected and informed about dance. The ADC website is still a work in progress, so please continue to visit and see whats new!
AzDEO retained its affiliation with the National Dance Education Organization and continues its mission of dance education centered in the arts. Professional development and student enrichment programs such as Dance Rejuvenation, the Pink Tu Tu Flu, the Arizona High School Dance Festival and the sponsorship of the National Dance Art Honor Society continues to be organized and sponsored by AzDEO. For more information about AzDEO go to www.azdeo.org.
These two organizations look forward to maintaining strong ties with each other and collaborating on projects that benefit all of Arizona.