Arizona Dance Coalition Statewide Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
Joint Arts Education Conference
October 20, 2014 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm MST
The 2014 Joint Arts Education Conference will take place at the Phoenix Art Museum on Monday, October 20, 2014.
This year’s Joint Arts Education Conference: Mapping the Future will provide attendees with the tools and resources they need to chart a course for success in their schools and communities.
Conference attendees will:
- be the first to see updated census data about access to arts education in our state,
- have hands-on opportunities to explore how arts learning is impacted by Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards,
- have a voice in the current revisions to Arizona’s State Arts Standards,
- learn about successful national models, program evaluation, teacher assessment/evaluation, arts education leadership strategies and more.
Join your colleagues from across the state, along with keynote speakers, John Abodeely, Deputy Director of the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities and Mary Leuhrsen, Executive Director of The NAMM Foundation, to make connections, explore these topics and deepen your work helping students, schools and communities benefit from learning in, through and about the arts!
Who should attend: Art, dance, music and theatre educators; teaching artists; arts and cultural organizations; general classroom teachers; principals; curriculum supervisors for the arts; higher education faculty.
– See more at: https://www.azarts.gov/arts-learning/jaec/#sthash.evo673mO.dpuf
Events may be viewed in these formats: list, week, day, map, photo and month.
Serving Arizona's dance communities and "creating connections" between the dancers and the general public.Read more
Send your news and event information before the 25th for the coming issue of the Arizona Dance e-Star, firstname.lastname@example.org.