Arizona Dance Coalition Statewide Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
Desert Dance Theatre presents “Sister Moses” ~ Show Low
January 16 @ 2:30 am - 5:00 am MST$8
Desert Dance Theatre presents “Sister Moses: The Story of Harriet Tubman” which is an incredible story is about a courageous woman of color, who fought against many odds to free her people from slavery through the Underground Railroad. The production blends dance with live music and narration. It is educational, inspiring and entertaining.
“Sister Moses” has been performed in theater and school venues in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, and Vermont. Several thousands of audience members of all ages and backgrounds have attended these performances since 1993.
* The Sister Moses Residency and Performances are made possible by sponsorship from the Show Low High School, Show Low Unified School District, Dance Academy, Desert Dance Theatre, Arizona Dance Coalition, and supported in part by the Arizona Commission on the Arts which receives support from the State of Arizona and the National Endowment for the Arts, and from donors and various sponsors. Thank you for supporting the arts!
Our featured cast of performers include:
∗ Renee Davis (as Harriet Tubman)
∗ Renee Morgan Brooks (as the Voice of Harriet Tubman)
∗ Dancers and Performers from Desert Dance Theatre, Schools and Community
∗ Step Raptis (African Drumming and Percussion)
∗ Spiritual Singers
∗ String Quartet
Sister Moses promises to be educational, artistic, inspiring and up-lifting.
PROMO VIDEO CLIP: https://vimeo.com/195076754
Here is the performance information.
•LOCATION: Show Low Auditorium, 500 W. Old Linden Road, Show Low, AZ 85901
•DATE: Thursday, January 16, 2020
•TIMES: 9:30am-10:30am & 11:00am-12:00pm
•LENGTH: The Sister Moses is approximately 45 minutes + Q & A Session is 10-15 minutes.
•COST: School Shows ~ Students $8.00, 2 FREE Teachers (per 25 Students), Additional Adults $8.00, General Admission $8.00
•WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
1) Call Desert Dance Theatre, 602-740-9616 (Lisa Chow) for space availability.
2) Be sure that transportation is available on the date and time requested.
3) Read, PRINT or TYPE, sign and EMAIL the Reservation Request Form to: gro.ertaehTecnaDtreseDnull@asiL
5) Send payment or be sure to submit your school requisitions for your purchase orders.
6) Upon receiving payment or PO, you will receive confirmation, invoice, teacher materials, etc.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Lisa R. Chow, Artistic Director & Company Manager
gro.ertaehTecnaDtreseDnull@asiL or 602-740-9616
Events may be viewed in these formats: list, week, day, map, photo and month.
Serving Arizona's dance communities and "creating connections" between the dancers and the general public.Read more
Send your news and event information before the 25th for the coming issue of the Arizona Dance e-Star, email@example.com.